The Angry Bear

Hey, I am the Angry Bear. I can be found on the local swing dancing floors or out playing every sport imaginable. Not much more to me. Oh and I love to travel. Only 12 states left to go before hitting them all. Hopefully I can get that done in the next 5 years. Then it's europe here I come!

Sunday, July 10, 2005

A Swinging Saturday


Wow, what a bum I am. I can't even wake up by 11 on a Saturday! It would be understandable if I actually did a lot on Friday night, but playing carpet ball doesn't really take a lot out of ya. It's probably one of the less strenuous events to play. I must say that not being strenuous is all to bad as I am still rated number 1 even after losing to IBM in the biggest upset of the year!

Well, after taking about 10 minutes to get ready, me, Aaron, and Tim took Jenni, Kris, and Breana up to the cites to take private swing lessons! It was pretty awesome. I didn't learn as many moves as I wanted, but I did get the basic down pretty well and I can't wait to go again and show off all of my moves. It looks like I will have to wait at least 3 weeks before I can go again as that is when softball gets down and I can't really foresee our team winning and playoff games. I must say that I would never have thought that I would ever choose dancing over a sport, but it's pretty addicting. Plus, the whole female aspect helps!

Well, after swing dancing we drove all over the cities. I must say we went to a couple cool places . The first place was an Italian restaurant in downtown St. Paul (I forgot the name of it), the first lock and dam on the Mississippi and and the state capital building at night when it was all lit up. A pretty awesome site! We got this guy from N. Dakota who was there to take a picture of us with his pricey camera that he is going to email us so I will add that when I get it and you can decide how awesome or over rated the view was (the only sucky part was walking by a TV with the Twins game on and we where losing 14-6). After the state building, we decided to find Anna and Joey's place, but after driving around for about 2 more hours we gave up and headed back home.

All in all a good trip and a pretty eventful day. It looks like I should get some sleep though as tomorrow I am heading to some horse racing to see if I can't get some money!

2 Comments:

Blogger david said...

I feel honored to be the first person to ever post on your blog. This is the greatest moment of my life.

You would have been proud of me. Thursday I learned some swing dancing moves while I was in San Jose. I'll be updating my blog eventually with all the details, but it was a ton of fun.

8/31/2005 10:43 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Thanks for the comment David! I guess if I actualy kept it up people might respond a little more :).

9/09/2005 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home